Wednesday 18 May 2011

Lamp Recycle!

Several years ago, a someone gave me the lamp pictured below. I never particularly liked it, but I always thought it had nice lines and good potential to become something better.

(Have you ever noticed almost all my "before" pics are taken in this spot? Apparently this is my work space for more than just cooking. No wonder I feel like I live in the kitchen!)

I've moved five times in the last ten years and this lamp has followed me everywhere but somehow the inspiration never hit me until now. I'm sorry poor lamp...


I debated over black or white paint for the base. But knowing that I was going to wrap the shade in jute (are you starting to think I'm a one-trick pony yet?), I thought it might look a little too "beachy" for our house. Now I love the beach house look...but when ya live a full days travel from the nearest ocean...well...I don't think I'd be fooling anyone. And besides, I really love the look of black with the great texture and color of jute twine.


Now you know this is going to be dismantled by little hands in a few seconds flat, right?
So I think I'm gonna sit here and enjoy this now while I can....

I'm linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick's spray paint party.

[image[7].png]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...